On October 5th 2016, the Island Pro Mowing and Landscaping team travelled to Slegg Lumber in Nanaimo to attend an Allan Block retaining wall contractor certification course.
After a jam packed day learning about retaining walls in a hands on fashion, taking a written test and then building a wall; our team is now properly trained on the proper preparation and construction methods of Allan Block retaining wall systems.
We are now more knowledgeable on the Allan Block product line, we understand how to assess your build site, how to properly determine any variables that will affect it’s construction and how to build a retaining wall system that will last our customers a very long time.
Our Team Learned About:
- The Allan Block product line.
- How Allan Block products work.
- Basic principals of retaining wall design.
- How to properly estimate retaining wall materials.
- How to determine and account for your type of soil.
- How Allan Block and geogrid work together.
- What causes retaining walls to fail.
- How to manage water behind the retaining wall.
- How to build a wall that might have a weight surcharge on top. (parking etc..)
- Proper construction methods particular to Allan Block.
We’ve taken the extra step of becoming certified installers of the Allan Block product line so we can be knowledgeable about the products our customers are asking about and so we can install retaining wall systems that will beautify our customers properties while performing the important task of reclaiming otherwise unusable land.
Why Choose Island Pro Mowing and Landscaping For Retaining Wall Construction?
We understand that you have many landscaping contractors to choose from throughout Victoria. We just want you to know that when you choose to work with Island Pro Mowing and Landscaping you are partnering with a small, locally owned business that has more than 15 years experience implementing retaining wall solutions into properties just like yours.
Our entire team has taken the Allan Block contractor certification course so you can be confident in a quality installation of your new wall.
If you’d like to get the process started then please give us a call 250-812-4676 or fill out our online contact form and we’ll get back to you right away (usually the same day).